Having many programs running at startup in Windows 10 will slow down your computer. And unfortunately, when installing software, often they get added to the Windows 10 starts up for reasons like automatic update, monitoring, protection and others. But Microsoft Windows makes it easy to remove application that running at startup of your operating system and without the need of third-party software.
This post provides information you need to stop programs from running at startup in Windows 10.
How to turn off startup programs using Windows 10 settings
1. Go to the Windows 10 search bar, type startup, and then click Startup Apps in the search result. Or
Click on Start and select Settings.
In the Windows Settings window, click Apps.
On the left side of the screen, select Startup.
2. In the Settings window, click the switch next to the app you don’t want to run on startup.
Note: To have an application run on startup, turn on the switch.
How to disable startup programs in Task Manager
Open Task Manager by simultaneously pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc.
In the Task Manager window, select the startup tab, choose the application you want to remove, and then click Disabled at the bottom right. or
Right click on the app you want to remove on startup, then click Disable.
Note: For an app to run on startup, select Enable.
What To Read Next
- How To Uninstall Programs On Windows 10
- How To Install Printer On Windows 10
- Enable remote desktop on Windows 10
- How To Check System Specifications On Windows 10